Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

The beep test

Our sports coordinator at school said, to be a cop in the UK you had to be a level 6 on the beep test me not knowing what a beep test is assumed that was easy, but I was proven it wasn't. For those of you who do not know what a beep test is, It is a fitness drill, where you have to run 20 meters to the line that the sports coordinator had set out, before the beep.If you make it to the line before the beep when you hear the beep you run back.

My heart was racing I could almost feel every pulse that was pumping in my body. I said to myself I could have kept going but I think that was just the embarrassment kicking in.I was so tired I felt like I was carrying the world was on my shoulders,

Stopping at level 3.6 Isn't that great but I was proud of myself, I did'int make it as a cop in the UK but I made a level that surprised me.

4 comments:

  1. I lke the way you have oriented your audience well in the first paragraph Kalim. I think you could have added a little more detail in the second paragraph though.
    And so what is your goal for next time?
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kalim - I loved reading your story about the beep test - particularly when you used descriptive words to paint a picture of how you were feeling because it made me get a picture in my head straight away of what you had done.
    Keep up the strong adjectives in your writing!!
    Arohanui,
    Miss Wild

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kalim,
    I have personally done the beep test and yes it was very hard! I only got to level 3 also. Great post.

    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work on the beep test son. Im sure you will do better next time. Good piece of writing to =)

    Love dad

    ReplyDelete